Cast Iron Skillet Cornbread
- Light the charcoal in your Big Green Egg with the vents completely open, the ConvEGGtor Platesetter set with the legs up, and the cooking grid placed on top.
- While the grill is warming up, mix your batter according to the instructions on the box (be careful not to over mix) and place to the side while you finish getting your Egg ready to go.
- When the temperature approaches 350 degrees, begin shutting the bottom air intake and upper damper to hover between 375 and 400 degrees for the duration of the cook.
- Grease the inside of your Lodge 12″ Cast Iron Skillet with vegetable shortening. Pour the batter into the skillet, place in the middle of your cooking grid, and close the lid.
- Check the cornbread at 18 minutes with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, it’s done! It may take as long as 20 minutes to bake.
- Let the cornbread cool in the skillet for three minutes to help it set firm.
- Serve and enjoy!
Did you love this demo? Have you tried this recipe at home? Let us know in the comments!